Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CAPTURE 14 : Fish Pond


What do you do 'immediately' after a long stressful day at work? One is lucky if their work environment provides outlet to de-stress, such as mini-gym, cafeteria  or small garden with beautiful flowers and plants. At my work place we have two options to de-stress ourselves, one is a mini-gym and another is to relax by the beautiful fish pond with Japanese Koi . Fish pond is not just an ideal part of landscape designing, but also provides therapeutic impact on us. 




While being in the gym  helps me to sweat and reduce the mounting stress from the day’s work, my truest relaxation happens only when I spend time by the fish pond. The graceful motion of the fish, the gentle dance of the green plants around the fish pond and the soothing sound of the running water induces me into an experience so inexplicable. Though momentary, this break from the mundane life, spurs the energy for another day. 




This fish pond provides an environment so conducive for me to relax my mind. It gives me immense bliss. In the quietude that dawn after working hours, I let the mind swim together with the fish while at the same time allowing my eyes to absorb the peaceful colors surrounding the pond. And, that moment in solitude is one of my best experiences, yet the hardest to express with words.


©cyclopseven. All rights reserved 300311.

12 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Sigh I am in a Zen like mood just viewing your images.

Linhy said...

Do you speak Hokkien?

Unknown said...

These are very beautiful pictures of fish pond. I like that colorful fishes in the pond. Really Nice blog!!

Pond Pumps

Marja said...

What a great pond The gold fishes are huge

Marja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amrita said...

Beautiful photos. Thanks for visiting my blog

Barbara said...

Wonderful if you have a fish pond and gym to relax after work.

I find sitting by my garden pond and watching the fish is a great way to relax. Unfortunately last winter our visiting Heron took about 70 fish out. The ones left are now somewhat traumatised and do not come to the surface so often. the others were so tame, the reason they got caught probably. It will be heavy nets this winter. Missed doing it last year as husband had been in hospital.

72! No that's not me that is just the number from by birth certificate!

ashok said...

Lovely post...I am crazy about fishes too :)

sonia a. mascaro said...

So beautiful these photos of fish pond!

Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!

Thanks for your nice greetings on my blog.

Tammie Lee said...

I am so happy that you have these choices to unwind and nurture yourself. It really does look like a wonderful place to relax and blend.

lovely 2012 to you~

Barbara said...

I love sitting by my fish pond too but it is nothing like exotic as this one.

sonia a. mascaro said...

So beautiful pictures! Thanks for your nice visit to my blog! :)